28. april 2015

A trip to London

Tomorrow, I am going to London with my mom, my first time ever. I am really looking forward to getting away from my studies for a few days to properly relax and experience a city that I have always wanted to see. 
Originally, we purchased our plane tickets and planned the trip as we got tickets to a Nick Cave concert at Eventim Apollo. I am a huge fan of Cave, his work (both music and literary), and when the tickets for the concert in Denmark immediately sold out, I was crushed. But then I stumbled upon an extra concert that was going to be held here at Eventim Apollo, and that few tickets were left...and I got two!
I really, really love his music. It speaks to me in a special way. He is simply a master of words, and I cannot wait to see him perform and go crazy on stage.

Also, we have purchased tickets to the Lion King musical which I have longed to see all my life, as Lion King has always been my favourite Disney film. I have heard so many great things about the musical, so I'm really looking forward to finally getting to experience it!

Additionally, we are going to go shopping (of course, right?). And me, especially, for books. As I have never been to London before, I wanted to ask you guys if you have any recommendations for shops, places, or something else that I should experience whilst being there - please let me know in the comments down below if you should have any such recommendations. I would really appreciate it! 

As I did not yet finish Valente's "The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led The Revels There", I am bringing this one to entertain me on the plane. I have chosen not to bring any more books, as I am sure I will buy quite a few. 

See you all when I get home! I will make a London haul-post when I get back, showing off everything I bought :-)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Åhh, misundelse er virkelig en grim ting...

    Men ja. En af de helt store bogbutikker er Waterstones ved Piccadilly.. Den er enorm, og der er uden tvivl noget for enhver smag! Hvis du gerne vil opleve noget mere "autentisk" vil jeg anbefale Hatchards, der er den ældste engelske bogbutik, hvor typer som Wilde hang ud ;-)

    God tur!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tusind tak, Ida! Og tak for tippene :-) Jeg kendte godt til Waterstones, og tænker også at jeg må slå et smut forbi. Vil helt klart prøve at tjekke Hatchards ud - det lyder vildt fedt!

      Slet